Saturday, January 13, 2007

Centenarian

I photographed a birthday party tonight for a woman who turned 100 last week. It was amazing to see most of her family assembled in one room. She has 7 children, 23 grandchildren, 37 great-grandchildren and 1 great-great-grandchild. Wow. Here's the caption: Rachel Lee Bain, 100, touches the face of her 11 month-old great grandson, Wyatt Ogden, during a celebration of Bain's birthday Saturday at Western Sizzlin in Griffin. Also pictured is Matt Ogden (holding Wyatt), and David Bain, the matriarch's youngest son. When asked about the secret to becoming a centenarian, she replied "Just be good."

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very Nice, probably the best work I've seen from you in awhile. hehe...just kidding (ref. a comment PhotoSoup made on the Burn) Beautiful moment and good light. Not bad for a writer. Snap!!!!

11:18 AM  
Blogger MidlifeNurse said...

I'm so glad you posted this!
I am one of her 23 grandchildren and this party was wonderful. January 2008 Grandma turned 101, and last Saturday May 3 she passed away peacefully in her sleep. Expect a lot of hits and inquiries because I am emailing this link to friends and family. Thank you for a lovely tribute.

7:17 PM  
Blogger Kevin Liles said...

It was my pleasure. I'm sorry to hear that Mrs. Bain passed away, but she lived a full life and created a beautiful family. Thanks for the kind words.

8:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anna , This is my very 1st blog posting and my daughter, Cathy sent the link to me. We just got home from Mother's funeral, but I should call it a "celebration of her life " ceremony. It was very beautiful and moving. Cathy did not tell you that the youngest son, David, as shown in your photo was buried in February also. Mother had broken her leg in January 5 days before her birthday and got out of Griffin Hosp on her birthday. She insisted on traveling to Ohio for his funeral on Feb 15, so she got to have her last visit with her 2 younger sisters, ages 86 and 93. Thank you for your compassion and may you continue to prosper.

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home