Thursday, February 22, 2007

Micro goodness

I was on an assignment for the paper on Tuesday when I stumbled upon this lens, an ancient Nikkor 55mm micro lens (other camera manufacturers call these lenses macro, but Nikon insists on micro). Anyways, this particular piece of glass was attached to an old Nikon FM2, which was on the counter at this book store we were doing a story on. I know the owner, Chris Curry (actually, just one of the owners), and she said the lens came with a box of mostly-broken camera gear she purchased that she is using for decoration. I put the lens on my D2H and went to town using it. The good thing about Nikons is that all their lenses fit all their cameras (Nikkor is Nikon's lens company). Chris said I could have it, which was awesome. I've been needing a micro lens, and you can't beat free. This other picture, taken with my new lens, is of my dog Charlie. I need to publish a book of all the photos I have of this dog.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this picture!!! Good balance of whites. I think that the composition was great!!! I wish I could see other works with the micro lense in other mediums like water, oils, and organisms. The colors and subject matter would be awesome. -Me

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home