Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Hands

I was really excited today to get started on this photo story. I don't think this particular photo will make the cut, but I just like it. I'm starting a story about R.L. "Skeeter" Norsworthy, who's the owner of Hollingsworth Repair Shop, where's he's worked for the last 65 YEARS! You'll find a photo of him at the bottom of my "2006 favs" post. After I took the photo last year, I knew I wanted to do a photo essay or multimedia piece on him. Anyways, about this photo: Pictured are the hands of Skeeter and his helper, Raymond Ledbetter, as they work on making a key to fit this General Motors steering column. I really think they're hands have lots of stories in them. I'll be posting more as I shoot more on this. I'm scheduled to go back on Thursday morning. Like many old southern business, Hollingsworth is closed on Wednesdays.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home