Monday, February 26, 2007

Barbie Beach

This has to be one of the strangest things around here. I've passed by this "Barbie Beach" on Georgia Highway 16 many times, promising each time that I was going to stop and photograph it. Well today, I finally did. A wish the light would've been better. I'll shoot it again next time I pass by in the morning, when the light's shining on the beach instead of behind it. There's a house a little behind this display, probably where the Barbie fanatics live. The whole time I'm out shooting this, I kept waiting on someone to come out and confront me. But maybe they just want attention, any way they can get it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just saw this "Barbie Beach" this weekend and stopped to take some photos with my camera phone. They must change it seasonally, because right now, Barbie Beach is set up like a strip club with a Venom action figure tending the bar. There is also a fresh-looking sign that says "Happy Birthday Lynda" below the Barbie Beach sign. Really crazy stuff.

6:24 AM  
Blogger Kevin Liles said...

Yeah, that has got to be one of the weirdest things I've seen on the side of the road, especially in the middle of nowhere. I'd like to meet the folks who live there.

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home