Monday, April 09, 2007

Teaching music

I haven't posted in awhile because I've been in Charleston, S.C. on vacation with Kim. It was the best vacation ever, and I promise to have photos up as soon as I get them back (I shot everything on chrome film, so it will be a few weeks before it's processed). Anyways, here's a frame from one of my first assignments since I've been back. This is Larry Dixon, a musician and artist from Atlanta, who is starting a "Making Music" class at the Griffin Boys & Girls Club. Dixon is has a pretty impressive resume, having played with the legendary Muddy Waters and John Lee Hooker. Here, he is framed by his painting of his mentor, Big Water Horton, while teaching his first class. Dixon, who brought along his guitar and harmonicas, hopes to teach the youngsters about how music is made and play some instruments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home